Tuesday, January 20, 2015

CONVERSATIONS IN THE NIGHT

Sometimes I worry about the weirdest things!   After Kanye's (Kanye Who?) fans erupted on Twitter saying "Who's Paul McCartney," I awakened at 4 AM worrying that I couldn't name all the Beatles. 

"Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Ringo Starr, George Harrison."  Desperately I tried to remember the 5th Beatle.

"Are you awake?"  

"Yes."   (He wanted to say, 'I am now.' but he didn't.)
 
"Were there 5 Beatles or only 4?"

"5."  (Anything to keep get her to be quiet!)

"But I can't think of the 5th one.   Can you name them."

"No."   (Pleeease, Quiet.)

I really tried to go back to sleep.  Failing that, I put on slippers and went to find my phone.   Googling "Beatles" the first article was "Fab 4."

Back in bed:  "There were only 4 Beatles, not 5.   Why didn't you know that?"

"I don't know that kind of stuff."   

"You always know information like that."
 

"Not about music.  Maybe something like Geography."

"Okay.  What is the capitol of Bahrain?"

Without missing a beat the answer came in the dark, "Cumbaya!"

For about five minutes I could barely breathe, I was laughing so hard.  (Remember, this is at 4 AM.  Lots of things are funny at 4 AM!)

Eventually I went back to sleep.  And so did he!!

When Every Day is Saturday!!

PJ
 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment